Search found 5 matches

by mocarz
13 Sep 2026, 17:05
Forum: New users landing zone
Topic: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)
Replies: 7
Views: 2719

Re: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)

How I started, and which tools Not in the firmware at all, but on the bus. The car shows the track title over USB and leaves the Bluetooth Audio screen blank, so I first logged CAN with a PCAN to see what the BT module actually puts out: ISO-TP text frames on 0x4B1, framed exactly like the USB text...
by mocarz
13 Sep 2026, 07:56
Forum: New users landing zone
Topic: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)
Replies: 7
Views: 2719

Re: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)

Take your time, no rush at all - and just ask if anything is unclear. One thing I'd honestly recommend while you're working through it: give the AI tools a try. A large part of this work - reading the decompiled code, testing patch ideas in the emulator, tracking down where a given string actually c...
by mocarz
07 Sep 2026, 12:15
Forum: New users landing zone
Topic: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)
Replies: 7
Views: 2719

Re: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)

How the Convers+ Bluetooth metadata patch was actually built — the full RE walkthrough The first post covered what the patch does. This one is the how : the reverse-engineering process, with the two helper scripts that aren't in the repo pasted in full. I'm deliberately not repeating what's already...
by mocarz
26 Aug 2026, 07:16
Forum: New users landing zone
Topic: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)
Replies: 7
Views: 2719

Re: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)

Thank you Go4IT — coming from you, who built this place and wrote so much of what I learned from, that really means a lot. I'll go into as much detail as I can, and please correct anything that's off — some of this is still hypothesis on my side. Up front: a large part of this was done with AI assis...
by mocarz
24 Aug 2026, 17:10
Forum: New users landing zone
Topic: Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)
Replies: 7
Views: 2719

Hello + two open-source Convers+ firmware patches (BT-Audio titles, gauge sweep)

Hello everyone, I've been reading here for a while and finally got my account working, so let me introduce myself. I drive a Mondeo MK4 facelift with a Convers+ cluster and I've spent the two months reverse-engineering its firmware. This forum was a huge help along the way, so I'd like to give somet...